The best players out of contract: Reina, Robben, Buffon, Can, Ribery, Wilshere
April 24, 2018NewsComments Off on The best players out of contract: Reina, Robben, Buffon, Can, Ribery, Wilshere
Out of contract players could make for an interesting team, although not all are included in the CIES rankings
The football season is coming to an end, which can only mean one thing: agents are preparing for business in the summer.
The window for the transfer of the Premier League does not officially open until May 17, but there are many players not included in the contract who are ready to pack their bags.
Among them could be Jack Wilshere, who was offered a new deal in Arsenal, the winners of the serial “Bavaria” Arjen Robben and Frank Ribery and Liverpool midfielder Emre Kahn.
But how much do you know about others who have shown themselves well this season, according to the CIES Football Observatory?
The research team made 50 top lists based on six different areas for field players, including recovery, distribution, random situations and shooting. Goalkeepers are evaluated in a matter of minutes for the missed goal and the percentage of saves.
There are some interesting insights. Should your club sign one of them this summer?
The top 10 out of contract players
The CIES rate players in the scale to 100, from those who played a minimum of 1000 minutes this season. The top 10 seem to prefer defenders in Italian, is Liverpool Juergen Klopp sniffing Serie A to support his defense?
1. Pepe Reina – Rating: 91. The 35-year-old former Liverpool goalkeeper has helped Napoli stay in the Serie A title race with 17 clean sheets, more than any other keeper.
2. Vicente Guaita – Rating: 90. The Getafe goalkeeper, 31, reportedly signed an agreement with Crystal Palace earlier in the season, but has now received interest from Atletico Madrid. The Spaniard has an enviable penalty-saving record.
3. Arjen Robben – Rating: 89. The 34-year-old Bayern Munich winger may not be as quick as he used to be but as an expert dribbler, he could still offer decent value. He has already been offered a one-year deal to stay.
4. Gianluigi Buffon – Rating: 89. Champions League strops aside, the 40-year-old Juventus goalkeeper has been a calming presence for Juve this season. The 40-year-old is supposed to be retiring at the end of the season, though he has suggested he could carry on.
5. Andrea Barzagli – Rating 86. Forms one of the fiercest central-defensive partnerships with another out-of-contract player Giorgio Chiellini, losing only one out of 21 league games this season. Prising the 36-year-old away from Juventus may be difficult.
6. Andrea Masiello – Rating: 84. The Atalanta centre-back, 32, has been around the block in Serie A since a match-fixing scandal in 2011, but has proved his value this season as the club aim to complete successive Europa League qualifications.
Nigeria's first complete sport site, well optimized for mobile, tablet abd desktop use. Narapredict gives you daily news, livescores, livestreams, statistics, football predictions and so on.